Sunday, March 1, 2015

Testing! Testing! Testing!


    It truly does seem as if we spend the first 13 years of our education being tested and I do not care for it.  I understand that it is necessary, for the most part, but really, just how much testing can one take?  Education relies to heavily on testing because that is truly the only way for schools and teachers to prove that a student has actually learned something.  If there were no tests, how would there be proof that students have learned?  Teachers could not truly know if a student has grasped a topic.  Sure, they could ask students questions or lead a class discussion, but there is no solid proof of a successful education unless it is on paper.
   Standardized testing is just a way to either make a school shine so it can bask in its glory or weaken a school's education status.  There should be a fair test, one that is not too difficult for the average student to take.  I do not like these tests.  They are lengthy in time and annoying.  I would much rather just take a regular test in class.  My testing is average.  My ACT score was average and I wish I could have done better.  All the other testing over the years, like MEAP, were OK.  I don't really remember.  For anyone who says  they "just don't do well on tests", I don't fully believe that.  Everyone is capable no matter what ways they take it.  Whether that be on their own or with some help from an Aid or tutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment