Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween

   Halloween is not for me.  The last time I went trick or treating was sixth grade, so I haven't done it since.  Nor did I go this year.  I think that you are too old to go when you enter middle school, around seventh grade.  I wouldn't know if I like Halloween parties or not.  I have only gone to family Halloween parties.  My grandma used to throw fall parties around Halloween time, and they were always fun.  The adults and kids would sometimes wear costumes and it was a lot of fun.  I just like when my grandparents and friends give me candy.  Candy is the best part of Halloween. 


   In elementary school, my favorite costume was the year I was this "Midnight Fairy".  I remember that I saw the costume in one of those overpriced Halloween catalogs.  I loved the costume just by the looks of it.  I knew I wouldn't get it because it was over forty dollars, it was ridiculous.  In the last few days before Halloween, I was looking for a costume at Walmart and came across that EXACT costume... for only two-thirds the cost.  I was so happy and my mom bought it for  me.  It was a black velvet-like material for most of the dress.  It came with wings and a wand.  Everything about it was enchanted.
   The best ever candy I got in my bag was a Fast Break candy bar.  I never liked those before and I thought I would try it.  It was my favorite for the longest time.  I laugh when houses give out pencils or apples because it is simply funny that they do that.  This year, I did not carve a pumpkin.  It always frustrates me when I try to make one.  I see a cool design, trace it, cut out the pieces (I mean TRY to), and then want to throw it.  It never looks right.  So, I think I am going to give up pumpkin carving.

No comments:

Post a Comment