Friday, October 24, 2014

Rush...the Band



Rush is a band in classic/progressive rock.  They are my absolute favorite band in that genre.  I have liked Rush for at least four years now.  But, 2012 is when I really began to love them... I mean their music.  I have listened to every single song on every album, including live ones.  Rush is completely amazing.  I feel hardly anyone understands why I enjoy their music so much.


Moving Pictures album cover
 
Moving Pictures is my favorite album.  It was released in 1981... 15 years before I was born.  But, I feel most of the good music was made before I was born.  I would spend some time talking about "modern music" today that I, personally, find annoying, but I find that makes people get all angry and defensive.  So I won't.  Anyways, every song, all seven of them, is amazing.  
   
Here are the song listings and the length of them:

1) "Tom Sawyer" 4:37
2) "Red Barchetta" 6:12
3) "YYZ" (Instrumental) 4:25
4) "Limelight" 4:23
5) "The Camera Eye"  10:58
6) "Witch Hunt" (Part III of Fear) 4:46
7) "Vital Signs" 4:47


   Some Rush's most-known songs, that appear on this album, are "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight".  Though, my definite two favorites on this album are "The Camera Eye" and "Witch Hunt".  "The Camera Eye" may seem long at nearly eleven minutes, but it isn't even Rush's longest song.  "Witch Hunt" has Part III of Fear in the title because that's what it is... part III of a four-part song compilation called "Fear". 
   Rush has three different multi-part songs.  "2112", "Gangster Boat", and "Fear".  "2112" is the only one where all seven parts are together; this song is 21 minuets and 32 seconds long.

No comments:

Post a Comment