Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving



To me, Thanksgiving means family.  It is not all about the food like turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie.  It is about giving thanks to those, maybe even what, you love and has done so much for you.  Every other year my sister and I alternate where we go for Thanksgiving.  One year it is at home, my mom's, and the next it is at our dad's house.  It has been that way since 2006.  Special foods always include turkey and ham, mashed potatoes and corn, and pumpkin pie.  No matter where we are that year.  My sister and I always get asked, "Need anymore pie with that whipped cream?" That is because we always LOAD on the Cool Whip because it is delicious.  In simple terms, Thanksgiving is celebrated because of the Pilgrims, as everyone has been told while growing up as a child.  Though, it has become more than that.  Now it is sharing thanks with those we love.  With turkey and pie, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment